Tuesday, November 11, 2008

I am the President




© Rosemary K, 2008

I am the president
The long-awaited candidate
Don’t call me a dissident
I am not an accident
But a messenger of the prudent
Who knew the time was ripe
To abandon foul play
And seek for fair play.

Yesterday you rifled my nest
Said I was a mere pest
Yester-year you tortured me
Excluded me from the best
Calling me sheer waste.

You riddled me with bullets
Marked me with knife cuts
Desecrated me with rape sessions
As you clamored for power
In bloodcurdling fights.

I now challenge your notion
That I am for idle devotion
A speculating spectacle
To appease your perversion
Mopping rag for the toilet
Doormat for your polished shoes.

I have broken the walls
The walls of indifference around me
I have entered the powerhouse
President from the female citizens
Whose voices were muffled
In bloodthirsty attacks
Conniving war mongers.

You call me a rabid bitch
A mad hound unleashed
Because I refuse your wish
That I keep away from the dish.
You say I think from my skirts
Leading the masses astray
With petticoat government
But resilient I stand
Unmoved by your stints
Unabashed by your crude hints
Immune to your macho mania.

I am the leader you obstructed
With your blind hatred
I am the messenger you detested
Clobbered and raped
In your confinement camps
And eternal power bouts.
For equity I come
To claim my rightful place
For ingenuity I stand
Equal chances in my land.

I am the president-elect
Of voters that never fled
I am the torchbearer
Of the faithful who never feared
I am here by majority vote
With no afflictions of the gun
Or rigged counts of falsehood
I am here by popular demand
Retribution for lost time
I am what you would rather hate:
Yes, I am the president
And a woman, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment