Saturday, November 8, 2008

Job Interview


© Rosemary K, 2008

I saw the advert
And knew I matched it
My application I forwarded
Got to the shortlist
Then the interview.

The panellists were okay
The questions alright
They wrote on my forms
The highest score
I was the right one
And the job was immediate.

I went to see my boss
A huge man he was
With a belly like a pregnancy
He said I was fancy
So would be an asset
The company’s gift basket.

He opened his diary
Of glittering lettering
He booked me for Tuesday
Citing another interview
Before confirmation
As newly employed.

The appointed day came
I turned up my best
Blue dress and sandals
And awaited my call-in
On the time agreed on.

As I entered his office
A broad smile he switched on
Telling me to sit
He bolted the door.

Thinking it was strange
I inquired of him
Why he locked the door
Yet it was an interview
And the general overview
That was occasioned.

He said he was authority
In order to get confirmed
He had to verify
My extra abilities.

Like an electric lift
He descended in haste
Touching my breasts.
When I complained
He said he would be fast-
Was I so naïve
That I was ignorant
Of the carpet interview?

He threw his paws
Around my shoulders
He pressed me hard
With his pregnancy
I began to shout
I clawed and bit
I grabbed his necktie
And tightened its noose.

There was a stampede
As the door crashed in
Broken by security
I exited in a flash
In a lucky escape.

I was a rare survivor
Of the job interview
I escaped the candidature
That terrible exam
Of debased systems
I outwitted the corrupt
Who hired females
Via sexual exploitation.

No comments:

Post a Comment